As an SEO specialist I revel in helping businesses of all industries and of all sizes expose themselves to the millions of users actively engaging in online search. From small business accountants, to beauty companies and even large B2B corporations; getting online with a well designed, structured website with quality content that has of course been optimised is a fantastic way for businesses to expose themselves and witness potential growth.
We live in the age of the internet, an era in which mobile technology has allowed us to develop a natural instinct to ‘Google it’ which is why getting on the first two pages of a popular industry search can quite easily reap greater benefits than a leaflet, brochure or newsletter. Don’t get me wrong, there is indeed a place for print but search engine optimisation is most definitely the way forward.
I myself work on several different clients however just the other day I received an unknown sales email from a company I had Sommerseo never heard off that promised to help me ‘Get in position one on Google, faster than expected’ and that got me wondering; how can any business be sure they have the right SEO company?
As part of the industry I thought now would be a great time to jot down the five points I pride myself on. Perhaps you can keep these in mind when selecting your SEO specialists to ensure that you have not only made the right decision but that your business remain protected and on the path to success…
- Relationships- For me, knowing my clients and ensuring they know me and are aware that they can contact me or even see me for a chat anytime is essential. As a person entrusted with the potential success of their business it is my job to ensure that a sold relationship is in place- it keeps both parties comfortable at all times.
- Transparency- Whether I have had a successful month of SEO or have hit a brick wall, I never hide anything from my clients. If I am being paid to do a job, making the client aware of every step I am taking will again put them at ease and allow me to gain their trust.
- Monitoring- The worst thing for any SEO agency, in my opinion, is to have a client call up and ask ‘why have I disappeared off this page?’ luckily that hasn’t happened to me yet because I ensure that I monitor all work and all rankings daily to avoid any nasty surprises.
- Ethical- I keep all my SEO work clean and make sure my client knows this. I keep detailed records of every SEO activity undertaken and am never afraid to show my work. This is great for proving my methods but also for proving my results when a client wonders why we shouldn’t just buy a mass amount of links!
- No False Promises- Unlike the email I received, I never make any false promises to any o